SUBMIT TO EXTRATONE
We’re accepting visual and written essays, reviews, short stories, prose, and nonfiction works.
We are an advertising-free, subscriber and donation-funded online magazine looking to purchase works from young adult writers with a sense of culture and counter-culture’s progressive edge.
Submissions via email (email@example.com) are accepted year-round. Please attach your work in PDF or Word-compatible format and include your byline (aliases/pen names acceptable in most cases,) your preferred contact information, and your desired attribution rights.
- Pay for one-time work is negotiable and your generosity or for-republication works are always welcome.
- If you are at all confused about this prompt, don’t be embarrassed to ask for clarification.
- We read and respond to all submissions within thirty days — generally much faster.
- We encourage submissions from LGBTQ, Black, and Hispanic writers.
- We love nothing more than the challenging, provocative, or absurd — those which are like nothing we’ve ever read before. We are independent — we do not bite, and we treat all submitted work with dignity regardless of whether or not we publish it.
- We are a close and sincere community of a dozen young writers like you who are interested in your assistance and/or conversation, and we’re always on-call.
We are anxious to hear from you.